Senior Sourcing Consultant
As a member of our Spend Management practice, the Senior Sourcing Consultant is responsible for partnering closely with our clients’ sourcing and procurement departments and other functional stakeholders to support various business improvement initiatives to ensure supply and achieve deeper and sustainable cost savings.
Candidates must be self-starters with proven positions of leadership. Mental agility and the ability to learn are vital. The ability to take on new challenges and succeed beyond one’s comfort zone is required.
Day to Day You Will
The Senior Sourcing Consultant will:
- Validate efficiencies specific to TCO (total cost of ownership) analysis and market research to develop robust sourcing strategies and recommendations
- Build, maintain and manage relationships with key client stakeholders
- Manage process for engaging with client suppliers and prospective suppliers to match products/services to client requirements
- Conduct bidding process, gather and analyze quotations, and negotiate commercial terms.
- Schedule and lead presentations on project results including identified savings and recommendations
- Create and explain score cards that provide analysis on sourcing results to guide client decisions
- Drive high-quality work within expected timeframes and within budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure clients are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Build relationships with client personnel and deliver quality client services. Strive to assist our clients to uncover additional areas of opportunity.
- Understand Velocity and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to better serve our clients.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
The Senior Sourcing Consultant should have:
- A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree
- 5-10+ years of experience in sourcing and procurement in a consulting environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working directly with companies across indirect and direct spend categories
- Demonstrated expertise in sourcing and procurement as well as broader supply chain consulting
- Ability to lead the client proposal process
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without limitation
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changes from the client or internal stakeholders
- Patience, kindness, and a positive work approach
- Demonstrated track record of consistently delivering results
- Demonstrated experience providing and/or leading
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook