The Junior Buyer/Procurement Associate will be part of the managed services practice, driving operational procurement processes in accordance with our client specific operating requirements. Specific requirements may include requisition review, exception management, validation of supplier specifications, agreement review, bid process, supplier evaluation, SOW drafting, purchase order conversion and fulfillment, etc.
Day to Day You Will
- Review PR data, validate and correct when required
- Respond to general enquiries from end users and assist in PR creation
- Update regularly on delayed/aged PRs
- Conduct Root Cause analysis for delayed PRs. Reduce PR to PO cycle time. Drive 100% accuracy in the entire process
- Draft SOW based on end user requirements, if required
- Ensure completeness of all contract agreements
- Work within sourcing teams to support sourcing recommendations
- Assist in developing RFx, evaluating RFx responses, and developing negotiation plans
- Respond to general inquiries from procurement and business stakeholders
- Draft SOW based on end-user requirements, if required
- Track delivery of products with the vendors
- Evaluate sourcing opportunities to drive cost reduction.
- Assist in vendor selection
Procurement Associates may also support the delivery of other procurement and sourcing services including spend analysis, supplier performance management, and contract administration.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A minimum of 1-4 years of work experience in operational, procurement, sourcing or service desk management
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- General knowledge and understanding of sourcing/procurement fundamentals
- Preference is working experience with at least one eProcurement tool (e.g., Ariba, SAP, Oracle, Jaggaer, Basware, Zycus, etc.)
- Ability to learn client specific processes, terminology, systems and unique requirements by various business groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (internally, with client stakeholders, and the supplier community)
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Positive attitude and ability to learn quickly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Productivity Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Training is provided on partner systems as well as implementation and support methodologies.
Velocity Procurement offers a competitive salary, advanced training with leading technologies, flexible schedule, and a solid career path.